Naturopathy emphasizes disease prevention through a healthy diet and lifestyle, exercise, and the reduction of stress. The focus of treatment is on naturally-occurring and minimally-invasive healing methods, relying on the "healing power of nature".
The philosophy of Naturopathic medicine is described by six core values:
- First, do no harm; provide the most effective health care available with the least risk to patients at all times
- Recognize, respect and promote the self-healing power of nature inherent in each individual human being
- Identify and remove the causes of illness, rather than eliminate or suppress symptoms
- Educate, inspire rational hope and encourage self-responsibility for health
- Treat each person by considering all individual health factors and influences
- Emphasize the condition of health to promote well-being and to prevent diseases for the individual, each community and our world
Naturopathy focuses on natural self-healing rather than specific methods, and without the use of drugs or surgery. Treatment concentrates on whole body wellness and facilitating the body to healing itself, rather than attempting to diagnose or treat specific disease. Lifestyle changes and approaches supporting the body's innate healing potential are considered. The combination of nutritional therapy, herbal medicine, and lifestyle recommendations are the main modalities practised at ReBORNe.